Latest advice, guidance and information
Updated 1 September 2021
From 19 July the government confirmed the move to step four in the roadmap.
Find out more at Coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do - GOV.UK
Sunderland City Council endeavours to ensure that information contained on this page is up to date and correct and in line with the latest NHS and Government advice. The council accepts no liability for error or omission.
The health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our top priority and we are continuing to follow latest advice and guidance to help control the virus.
To help protect others and keep the North East open there are some things we can all keep doing:
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Wear a face covering in enclosed environments
- Maintain space; you no longer need to limit close contact with friends and family but you should still consider keeping your distance from those who are not fully vaccinated or may have other vulnerabilities
- Minimise the number of people you see/meet and where possible the duration of contact
- Test twice a week and report your results. One in three people have covid without knowing and regular testing helps to stop the spread
- Make sure that any indoor space has good ventilation (for example by opening windows so that fresh air can enter)
- Self isolate immediately if you or another household member has symptoms (even if they are mild) or has tested positive, or you have been notified that you were in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- As of 16 August, you will no longer be required to self-isolate after close contact with a positive case of covid-19 if you are fully vaccinated or under 18 and not showing symptoms. Close contacts who are fully vaccinated will be advised, as now, to take a PCR test as soon as possible, so that they can have certainty about their condition. In these circumstances, you may also want to consider:
- limiting close contact with other people outside your household, especially in enclosed spaces
- wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces and where you are unable to maintain social distancing
- limiting contact with anyone who is clinically extremely vulnerable
- taking part in regular LFD testing
- You are fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since your final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine given by the NHS
- And please get both doses of the Covid vaccine when it's your turn - it's our best protection against the virus