Latest advice, guidance and information
Updated 5 January 2021
From 5 January 2021, there is a national lockdown
To read the full guidance on the national lockdown visit:
Sunderland City Council endeavours to ensure that information contained on this page is up to date and correct and in line with the latest NHS and Government advice. The council accepts no liability for error or omission.
The health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our top priority and we are continuing to follow latest advice and guidance to help control the virus.
Help reduce the spread of Covid-19 and protect the people and places you love by following the latest restrictions visit National Lockdown Government Guidance
You must stay at home which is the single most important action we can all take to protect the NHS and save lives. You must not leave your home unless necessary as outlined in the national guidance. We must also continue to;
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Wear a face covering in enclosed environments
- Maintain space, including social distancing with those outside your household or bubble
- Minimise the number of people you see/meet, and where possible the duration of contact
- Get a test immediately if you have any symptoms and share contacts to enable effective tracing
- Make sure that any indoor space has good ventilation (for example by opening windows so that fresh air can enter)
- Self isolate if you or another household member has symptoms or has tested positive, or you have been notified that you were in close contact with someone who has tested positive
And, if you're eligible for a Covid-19 vaccine please take up the offer of a vaccine when the NHS contacts you