BREEZ - Business Renewables Energy Efficiency Sunderland
STOP WASTING ENERGY NOW! INCREASE YOUR BOTTOM LINE TOMORROW
Reducing energy costs and cutting carbon emissions is important for businesses of all sizes, operating in all sectors.
By installing energy-efficiency improvements into business premises the average company could reduce its energy bill by up to 25%. The savings generated by reducing energy bills could pay back the upfront cost of the improvements in just one to three years. Businesses that cut energy costs increase their bottom line. Businesses that future-proof their green credentials attract more customers.
Sunderland City Council offers eligible SMEs a flexible approach to cutting their energy bills and their carbon emissions:
- Free Initial Assessment - SME eligibility check, open discussion and walk around survey to identify key objectives.
- Fully-Funded Energy Audit or Energy Savings Opportunities Report - the initial assessment determines if a full Energy Audit or an Energy Savings Opportunities Report is required. Both routes provide SMEs with a useful decision making tool and reference document setting out recommended energy-saving measures, indicative upfront costs and the return of investment period from the reduction in energy bills.
Note: pre-qualification site visits, audits and site surveys - to help prevent the spread of Covid please read and adhere to this safety guidance;
- wear a mask
- keep two metres apart
- wash hands before and after the visit
- please ensure areas to be reviewed are well ventilated
- if your premises are staffed is it possible to conduct this visit outside of normal hours?
- if you or any one in your family, friends, staff bubbles have been told to self-isolate - or have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed or awaiting results of a Covid test 24 hours before the visit please advise the visiting officer immediately
- 50% Grants - SMEs may also qualify for 50% grant funding towards the cost of installing an energy efficiency upgrade that has been recommended in a BREEZ Energy Audit. Typically the scheme offers funding towards microgeneration (e.g. Photovoltaics), Insulation, low-carbon heating upgrades and LED lighting. Grant support for upgrading business process equipment is also available.
- The minimum grant payable is £1000 for a £2000 project
- The average grant amount for a typical SME is between £2000 and £8000
- The maximum grant is £25,000 for projects that meet significant, pre-agreed carbon reduction requirements
The overall objective of BREEZ is to enable significant carbon reduction and reduce energy consumption. This is achieved by upgrading old, inefficient systems with new, energy-efficient measures that have been recommended, approved and agreed prior to their installation.
It is therefore important to note BREEZ cannot under any circumstances fund any energy-efficiency upgrades that have not previously been recommended via a BREEZ energy audit. BREEZ cannot fund any heating, insulation, lighting, microgeneration upgrades retrospectively.
For more information or to register your interest email email@example.com or call 07880 465959.