Penalty charge notices
Please check our Data Protection Statement
Penalty Charge Notices are issued by a Civil Enforcement Officer or by an approved device in the form of a CCTV vehicle for a number of reasons.
Parking Enforcement - CCTV
Sunderland City Council uses a CCTV road safety and enforcement vehicle to carry out parking enforcement to enforce those restrictions where the stopping of a vehicle is not permissed and where abuse creates a significant safety concern. For example:
- School keep clear zigzag markings (code 48)
- Bus stop clearways/stands (code 47)
If a penalty charge notice is issued, the owner or keeper of the vehicle has the right to appeal. The document issued as a result of the contravention being recorded by CCTV vehicle is a Regulation 10 Penalty Charge Notice (that also acts as a Notice to Owner) and will include full details of the appeals process.
How to view evidence:
If you wish to view evidence of the parking offence you can view this online through our Parking Gateway.
To view the evidence you will need:
- PCN number - this starts with an SX and is located on your Penalty Charge Notice
- Your vehicle registration details
How to pay
- Parking Gateway
- By Telephone: Please contact City and neighbourhood team
- In Person: At the Customer Service Centre, 31-33 Fawcett Street, Sunderland, SR1 1RE (Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
- By Post: Parking Services, Jack Crawford House, Commercial Road, Hendon, SR2 8QR.
Please make cheques payable to Sunderland City Council. You must allow two working days for 1st class post and five working days for 2nd class post.
Please do not send cash through the post.
How to Appeal
There are a few different ways to appeal a Penalty Charge Notice:
- Online at Parking Gateway
- In writing to Parking Services, Jack Crawford House, Commercial Road, Sunderland, SR2 8QR
- By emailing email@example.com