Litter, debris and leaves
We are responsible for emptying litter bins, cleaning roads and footpaths in the city. We do this through our grounds maintenance and cleansing schedule. You can view these schedules below for your area.
- Cleansing and grass cutting - City Centre
- Cleansing and grass cutting - Coalfields
- Cleansing and grass cutting - East
- Cleansing and grass cutting - North
- Cleansing and grass cutting - Washington
- Cleansing and grass cutting - West
We only respond to requests outside of our maintenance schedule if:
- Litter, debris or leaves are a nuisance
- They cause an obstruction on specific, designated council land
- If we have missed the scheduled maintenance
Help tackle litter and keep your local area and the city of Sunderland clean. Littering is a criminal offence and you will incur a fixed penalty notice of £150 if you are caught.
To report any of the items below, please contact our Customer Services team on (0191) 5205550. This will allow us to respond as soon as possible.
- Broken glass
- Drug related litter
- Road traffic accident
If you see large amounts of litter, you may need to report this using our Fly Tipping web page
For all other litter, debris and leaves reports, please click on the report button below. Our Local Services Team will consider your request and update it with the relevant action needed.
Public litter bins
If you see a public litter bin damaged or overflowing, you can report this on our Litter bins web page.