Toggle menu

Livestock - animal movement

The Foot and Mouth outbreak initiated a rigorous regime of licensing to control the movement of a range of farm animals.

The most common animals whose movements have to be licensed are sheep, pigs, cattle and goats. 

The conditions which apply to these movements vary according to the type of animal, the destination and the type of trip.

To find out about the eligible criteria please refer to DEFRA.

Application Evaluation Process

Detailed information and the necessary forms are available to download from DEFRA

Apply to move livestock

Will "tacit consent" Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that your application is processed before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact our  City and Neighbourhood team 

Failed Application Redress
Please contact our City and Neighbourhood team in the first instance, see opposite for contact details.





Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email