There are many different ways to pay your Council Tax.
Set up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax the easy way, it's convenient, saves you time and is a trusted method of payment'
Set up your Direct Debit
- Online using a debit or credit card
- By phoning 0191 520 5588 to make a debit or credit card payment 24 hours a day.
- Please note, it may take three working days for a debit or credit card payment to reach your Council Tax account.
- Using Online Banking you can make your payment to Sunderland City Council, quoting your council tax reference number using the bank details below:
- Bank: NatWest
- Sort Code: 55-61-11
- Bank Account: 46623590
- In Person (Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm) at our Customer Service Centre, 31-32 Fawcett Street, Sunderland, SR1 1RE or at the Gentoo offices at The Galleries, Washington and The Athenaeum, Fawcett Street, Sunderland. If paying by cheque at a Gentoo Office, the cheque must be payable to Gentoo
- By Post cheques to be payable to 'Sunderland City Council'. Send your cheque to: Council Tax, Civic Centre, Sunderland, SR2 7DN. Please write your name, address and council tax reference number on the back of the cheque. We do not accept cheques dated in the future.