Toggle menu

Community safety problems in your area?

On this page you will find information and contact details of organisations that can help you to sort out a problem in your area.

Whether you are a resident of Sunderland or simply a visitor to the city you are entitled to expect reasonable standards of behaviour by other people. Sometimes though things happen that you feel you cannot deal with yourself. Listed below are some of the things that you can get help or advice on from the council:

  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Dog fouling
  • Noise nuisance - for example, noisy neighbours or burglar alarms
  • Rubbish, litter or fly-tipping - including discarded needles or dead animals
  • Sale of alcohol to under 18s
  • Smoking in enclosed public places - for example at work or in a pub
  • Street lighting - including broken lights or badly lit areas
  • Vandalism, graffiti and other deliberate damage

Who to contact for advice in any of the issues above?

Contact us using the City and neighbourhood contact details

You can call Northumbria Police on 101 if you are experiencing or witnessing anti-social behaviour which requires a police response. If it is an emergency call the police on 999 if the behaviour is very serious and there is a risk to your safety.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email