Sunderland Weight Management Programme
The Sunderland Weight Management programme is a FREE 26-week programme designed to provide you with support around weight management, physical activity, healthy food choices and wellbeing.
It is tailored to meet your needs and to support you to make positive and long-lasting changes to your health.
As part of the programme, you will receive support via:
- A one-to-one initial consultation to take initial measurements and data
- One-to-one appointments every 6 weeks (up to 26 weeks) to monitor progress and provide support
- Weekly drop-in group sessions to include cooking demonstrations, low impact exercise classes, nutrition advice and more
- Regular weekly email newsletters on a range of health and wellbeing topics with recipes and motivational information
- Dedicated YouTube channel with videos on nutrition and home workout
Criteria for joining the programme:
- You must be a Sunderland resident
- Aged 18+
- Your BMI (Body Mass Index) must be 30 or above, or 27.5 and above for people from ethnic minority background
To find out your BMI please visit here.
- The programme is not suitable for pregnant women and does not offer free leisure centre/gym memberships.
- The programme is self-referral only, you don't need to be referred by a GP Surgery or Health Professional.
The programme will be delivered from:
- Houghton Sports & Wellness Centre Station Road, Houghton-le-Spring DH4 5AH Tel: 07383 532 424
- Pallion Action Group 5 East Moor Road Pallion SR4 6QW Tel: 07387 531 590
- Washington Millennium Centre The Oval Concord NE37 2QD Tel: 07765 425 726
If you are interested in joining the programme, you can either:
- Complete the online registration form here
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or contact the number of the centre you would prefer to attend