Toggle menu

Moving home

Tell us you are moving into, within or out of the Sunderland area. The Sunderland area includes Washington, Houghton-le-Spring and Hetton-le-Hole.

Use this service to report your change of address to:

  • Council Tax
  • Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
  • Blue Car Badge

If you are a landlord reporting a change of tenant please contact a member of our Home and Money team.

Moving into Sunderland

Moving within Sunderland

Moving out of Sunderland

Before you start

You may need your Council Tax account number (you can find this on your Council Tax bill)

If you want to pay by direct debit, you will need your bank account number and sort code.

Other Council Services

Depending on the services you use there may be other council departments you need to contact to advise you have moved home.  

Non-Council services

There are a number of handy web sites that give you advice on who else you need to inform of your move.  These could include gas and electric companies, telephone suppliers, bank.

Which moving house checklist (opens new window)

BBC who to notify checklist (opens new window)

Help and advice finding a new home

If you do not yet have a new home to move to we can offer you

Please tell us what you think about this page

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email