Report hate incidents
If you are having problems because of your age, skin colour, gender identity, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sexual orientation or disability, this is called a hate incident.
Hate incidents can take many forms, which can include
- Verbal abuse
- Threatening behaviour such as intimidation and aggression
- Threatening or abusive correspondence either by letter, email, MSN, video or via social networking sites
- Threatening or abusive phone calls and text messages
- Deliberately 'outing' or threat of 'outing'
- Criminal damage to personal belongings, buildings or vehicles
- Offensive graffiti or printed materials
- Placing rubbish, paint or any other offensive substances on any part of a house or building
- Arson or attempted arson
- Physical attacks
Hate incidents can happen anywhere
- At home
- At work
- At school, college or university
- In the pub
- In the supermarket
- On the street
You can report a hate incident online below.