The garden waste service is available for households in Sunderland with brown bins, making it easier to dispose of garden waste, which will be recycled by turning it into mulch or soil conditioner.
- There will be 17 garden waste collections starting from w/c 2 April until weeks commencing 12 or 19 November 2018
- Brown bins will be collected on the same day as the green bins.
- The charge is £30 for the year to have one bin emptied, and £20 for each additional bin up to a maximum of 4 If you require additional bins to be delivered there is a charge of £25 per bin.
- No refund will be given if you choose to cancel your subscription
- Once you have completed the sign up you will be sent a letter explaining the service along with a sticker to be placed on your bin
|Scheduled collection day||Sign up before midnight on this day to guarantee next collection |
|Friday ||Wednesday |
Further information can be found in our frequently asked questions and terms and conditions of the service.
If you wish to subscribe to the Garden Waste collection scheme or if you currently don't have a brown bin or you would like to order additional brown bins please contact City and neighbourhood.
If you don't want to subscribe to the garden waste service, larger volumes of garden waste can be disposed of at one of our waste and recycling centres, or a bulky waste collection can be booked.
You can also place small amounts of garden waste in your household waste bin.
Have you ever thought about home composting?