For births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships that occurred in Sunderland you can obtain copies of certificates online. You'll need a debit or credit card to pay for your certificate.
Request copies of Birth, Death and Marriage certificates
Other ways to request copy certificates:
- Telephone Life and family ensuring you have a debit card to hand when placing your order.
- Write to Sunderland Registration Service with as much detail as possible about the names and the event that will allow us to identify the register entry. Please enclose the appropriate fee (see below) and a stamped self-addressed envelope. Address your envelope to Sunderland Registration Service, Civic Centre, Burdon Road, Sunderland SR2 7DN. Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to 'Superintendent Registrar'.
The standard service for copy certificates may take up to 5 working days.
Standard Copy Certificate Fees
|Full Birth Certificate||£10.00|
|Short Birth Certificate||£10.00|
|Civil Partnership Certificate||£10.00|
Fast Track Copy Certificate Service
Should you urgently require a copy certificate, this can be arranged by selecting our Fast Track copy certificate service.
- Fast-track orders submitted and PAID in full before 12pm will be guaranteed first class posting on the same day OR can be collected from the Registrars between 4pm and 5pm Monday to Thursday and 4pm to 4:30pm Friday.
- Fast-track requests received after 12pm and PAID in full will be guaranteed first class posting on the next working day OR can be collected from the Registrars between 4pm and 5pm Monday to Thursday and 4pm to 4:30pm Friday.
- Please note the Fast Track copy certificate service is only available when making an application online or by telephone.
Fast Track Copy Certificate Fees
|Full Birth Certificate||£21.00|
|Short Birth Certificate||£21.00|
|Civil Partnership Certificate||£21.00|