Community care support is one of two schemes that make up Sunderland City Council's local welfare provision scheme. It is intended to help vulnerable people who lack financial resources to:

  • enter or re-enter the community or;
  • maintain their independence within the community.

The scheme can provide help with:

  • beds
  • refurbished furniture
  • refurbished white goods
  • small essential household items

Eligibility criteria

The individual's application must meet the policy requirements which are: 

  • meet at least one of a number of eligibility criteria to qualify as well as;
  • lack financial resources

How to apply

Applications must be made via telephone to our Home and money team.

Find out where you can get help with budgeting, debt and employment.

Find out how we use your information within local welfare provision (pdf).