Toggle menu

Moving business premises

Tell our Business Rates team you are moving into, within or out of business premises within the Sunderland area. The Sunderland area includes Washington, Houghton-le-Spring and Hetton-le-Hole.

Business Rates Moving in or within

Complete this form if:

  • You are new to the area
  • This is your first-time paying business rates
  • You are moving business premises within the Sunderland area

Business Rates Moving Out

Complete this form if:

  • You are moving out of business premises in the Sunderland area,

Before you start

You will need your business rates account number, if you have one, you can find this on your business rates bill.

If you want to pay your Business Rates by direct debit, you will need your bank account number and sort code.

Tenants will be asked to provide landlord or agent details. If you are selling the property you will be asked to provide the new owner's details.

Other Council Services


  • Commercial waste collections 
  • Recycling and waste minimisation advice 
  • Bulky/unusual collections, including fridges, TVs and furniture (beds/wardrobes).  

For more information about our Trade waste collection service, including costs, please complete the trade waste enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you to discuss your requirements. 

Request a Trade Waste collection

Depending on the services you use there may be other council departments you need to contact to advise you have moved business premises.  

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email