Southwick Cemetery opened on 2 October 1884 and originally consisted of seven and a half acres. The total cost of the cemetery at the time, including the chapel and lodge which still remain in place today was £8000. Today, Southwick Cemetery occupies a site which is now 21 acres.
Whilst cemetery gates are not formally closed and public access is available without restriction, we recommend that, for safety reasons, cemeteries are accessed during daylight hours only.
Ward plans are available for Southwick Cemetery.