Toggle menu

Caravan sites

You will need a licence for the following types of caravan sites: 

  • mobile home sites
  • residential sites
  • holiday sites
  • touring caravan sites.

Certain exemptions for licences apply to whether you need a licence namely:

  • a caravan site with an area of land or structures around it and the use of the site is incidental to the dwelling means the caravan site cannot be occupied separately.  This means the occupier of a caravan, which is on land next to a dwelling house, must have some connection with that household, such as a family member.
  • a single caravan sited for not more than two consecutive nights and for a maximum of 28 days within a 12 month period. Up to three caravans on a site, of not less than five acres in size. for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 month period.
  • sites occupied by exempted organisations (opens new window) such as the Caravan Club.
  • sites of up to five caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only.
  • sites occupied by the local authority.
  • sites for temporary and special purposes such as:
    • caravan rallies
    • agricultural and forestry workers
    • building and engineering sites
    • travelling salesmen.

The council keep a public register of all licenced caravan sites.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email