Dust and grit can often be a source of irritation for residents when interfering with the use of individuals property. Common complaints relate to dust and grit arising from construction sites when renovation work is taking place.

We advise that you contact the company causing the issue directly to see if a resolution can be found informally.  However, where this is not possible or it is ineffective you can contact us.

We will investigate complaints relating to dust and grit arising from constructions sites, commercial premises and domestic properties.

We are able to serve a Statutory Nuisance Abatement Notice if the problem could cause a health risk or nuisance.  Failure to comply with a Notice is an offence and legal proceedings may result.

To report a problem contact City and neighbourhood.

If you would like further information you might find the links below useful:

Noise nuisances: how councils deal with complaints

How to resolve neighbour disputes