School organisation consultations
When making significant changes and prescribed alterations to local schools, the council must follow a statutory consultation process.
The process is outlined in the School Organisation (prescribed Alterations to Maintained Schools) (England) Regulations 2013 and (Establishment and Discontinuation of Schools) Regulations 2013.
- Expansion (enlargement of premises)
- Changes to a school's age range
- Changing the number of pupil or types of need at a special school
- Changes to special educational need provision at a maintained school
- Change of co-educational to single sex provision and vice-versa
- Transfer of an existing school to a new site
- Closure of one of multiple sites
Details of any proposals being made by the council under these regulations: