UK Community Renewal Fund - Sunderland
UK Community Renewal Fund
Sunderland City Council is seeking bids from organisations wishing to deliver activity as part of the UK Community Renewal Fund (CRF).
Successful CRF bids will be for 2021/22 only and project financial completion must end in March 2022.
Types of bids the fund will support
Projects must deliver activity that is in line with the UK CRF Prospectus and align with at least one of the following investment priorities:
- Investment in skills
- Investment for local business
- Investment in communities and place
- Supporting people into employment
Proposals may cover all UK CRF Priorities or a selection of them.
The UK Government anticipates supporting a range of projects by theme and size, but applicants are encouraged to maximise impact and deliverability through larger projects where this is possible. Projects should be revenue based given 90% of funding available through the CRF is revenue funding and only available in 2021/22. Projects that focus predominantly on the construction or major refurbishment of buildings, the purchase of land or the purchase of large pieces of equipment will not be supported.
Projects should benefit some or all areas of Sunderland. Activities may also benefit Sunderland and adjacent local authority areas where cross-border and joint working is considered the most effective delivery mechanism.
As the lead authority, Sunderland City Council will assess all bids submitted. Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The gateway criteria set out in the UK CRF Prospectus - bids that fail to meet these criteria will be rejected;
- The extent to which they meet the objectives of the CRF; and
- The extent to which bids would support the delivery of local growth and employment support opportunities
Following appraisal Sunderland City Council will submit those eligible bids which most strongly meet the UK CRF and local priorities, to the UK Government for consideration and final decision. The UK Government will assess all bids submitted by lead authorities as set out in the UK CRF Prospectus and will announce the outcome of the assessment process from late July 2021 onwards.
How to submit a bid
- Bids must be submitted using the UK Community Renewal Fund Application Form to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for bids to be submitted is 5:00pm on Monday 17 May 2021
- The UK Community Renewal Fund is a competitive process and Sunderland City Council and the UK Government will not enter into discussions with bidders
Further information / webinars
If you have any questions on the application process please email: email@example.com
A series of webinars have been organised as follows:
- Thursday 15 April, 10:00am-11:00am
- Friday 16 April, 10:00am-11:00am
- Monday 19 April, 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Tuesday 20 April, 10:00am-11:00am
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book onto the webinars which will all be held on Microsoft Teams.