Toggle menu

Demolition notices

Section 80 of The Building Act 1984 places an obligation on anyone intending to demolish a building to give appropriate notice to the local authority and send copies of the notice to the utility services (gas, water and electricity) as well as to adjoining owners and/or occupiers. 

Please complete and return the Building demolition form to email Building Control or by post to Building Control, PO Box 102, Civic Centre, Sunderland, SR2 7DN. In addition to completing the demolition notice application, you are strongly advised to contact Development Control at email Development Control to see if planning permission will be required.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email