Apply for a school transfer
If you would like to transfer your child to a school in Sunderland (including Hetton-le-Hole, Houghton-le-Spring & Washington), you must complete a School Transfer Application Form. Information on schools in Sunderland can be found in the Schools in Sunderland.
Application for a secondary or all-age school transfer
- Once the form has been completed this will need to be returned to the School Admissions Team who will then forward it onto the preferred school
- The School Admissions Team will then write to parent/carer to confirm whether there is a place
For more information read our secondary school transfer process flow chart.
Application for a primary school transfer:
- Once the form has been completed this will need to be sent directly to the preferred school.
- The preferred school will contact parents/carer directly if there is a place
- If the year group is full, parents/carers will receive a letter to confirm this
For more information read our primary school transfer process flow chart.
To apply for a school in another area, parent/carer must contact the Council where the school is located for advice about the application process