Join the library and renew books
You can find and renew books easily through our online catalogue or using our free library app.
To download the app, search 'Sunderland Libraries' on the App Store or Google Play.
To find books use the button below then type a title, author or key word into the box provided.
To renew books use the button below to log in. You will need:
- Your library card number
- Your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
If you do not have your PIN you will need to visit City, Houghton le Spring or Washington Library and ask for it.
Please note, you can now sign up online by clicking the button below. You will be given a 6 digit library number and you choose your own PIN. This will then enable you to have full access to our E-Services.
- Click on the My Account link
- Select the Renew My Materials link
- Enter your library card number in the top box and your PIN in the bottom box
- Click on the List Charged Items button and this will then take you to the renewals screen
- Select the items you wish to renew and click the Renew Selected Items button