Changes and increases to help new benefit claimants
Find out how to claim by calling JobCentre on 0800 055 6688 or Textphone 0800 023 4888.
Households missing out on unclaimed benefits - check if you are entitled
- Pension Credit - £1.8bn unclaimed, 958,000 people missing out
- Housing Benefit - £3.3bn unclaimed, 745,000 people missing out
- Income Support/ESA - £971m unclaimed, 287,000 people missing out
- Child Tax Credit - £1.4bn unclaimed, 399,000 people missing out
- Working Tax Credit - £576m unclaimed, 211,000 people missing out
- JSA - £496m unclaimed, 126,000 people missing out
- Child Benefit - £775bn unclaimed, 503,000 people missing out
- Universal Credit - £2.9bn unclaimed, 1 million people missing out
- Council Tax Support - £2.6bn unclaimed, 2.77 million people missing out
Use the helpful Turn2us Benefits Calculator tool or contact your local advice provider.
Customers who wish to challenge or dispute a benefit decision can find information on how to do this on GOV.UK. If a partner or customer is unable to print the CRMR1 form available online, they can use this as a template to request the MR via a letter which should be posted to the address given online.
The Kickstart Scheme, a ground-breaking initiative to support 16-24 year olds into work has been launched by the Government.
Any size and type of organisation that employs people can offer young people, claiming Universal Credit, a six-month work placement that will be paid for by government. The Kickstart Scheme will be delivered by the Department for Work and Pensions and will initially be open until December 2021, with the option of being extended.
Kickstart Scheme jobs must be new and of good quality. Government will pay 100% of the age-relevant National Minimum Wage, National Insurance and pension contributions for 25 hours a week.
Employers will be able to top up this wage, while the Government will also pay employers £1500 to set up support and training for people on a Kickstart Scheme placement, as well as helping pay for uniforms and other set up costs.
From 3 February 2021, employers can apply directly to the Kickstart scheme for any number of job placements.
More information for employers is available on GOV.UK.