Applying for a CPMS permit
To apply for a permit, the applicant needs to complete the appropriate online application form(s). This can be done here;
Cost of Permits
An administration fee is payable for the provision of parking permits.
The fee covers the administration costs associated with permit issue and will apply for a full year or part thereof. No pro rata payments are available. All permits have an expiry date printed on them. Please see information below which details the permit period that applies for each Community Parking Management scheme.
Please note: if you purchase a permit after the commencement of the scheme year the permit will only be valid for the remaining months of that scheme year there are no pro rata payments available.
The permit scheme year for each CPMS is as follows:
- Sunderland Royal Hospital - 1 December to 31 November
- Stadium of Light - 1 August to 31 July
- Newcastle Road/Seaburn Corridor - 23 April to 23 March
- Ashbrooke - 1 August to 31 July
- Barbury Drive - 1 April to 31 March
- Ferryboat Lane - 1 August to 31 July
- Howick Park - 1 April to 31 March
- University of Sunderland and Millfield - 1 November to 31 October
- Northcote area - 1 September to 31 August
- St Chads - 1 March to 28 February
Renewal of Permits
Please note: We will issue a reminder by email and/or SMS when applications are open in the future for renewal. Please ensure you include an email and/or mobile when making your application online for us to do this. Alternatively, you can apply for your new permit 1 month before the expiry date printed on the front of the current permit.