UK and other
Every year, the Council and its partners secure significant amounts of funding from a range of UK funding sources or programmes.
Some of the main funders are listed below:
- Arts Council
- Big Lottery Fund
- Coastal Communities Fund
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Historic England
- Local Growth Fund
- Sport England
In addition to these sources, a diverse range of opportunities are available to public organisations, businesses and organisations in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors.
Further information and advice for VCSE organisations in particular is available from:
- Voluntary and Community Action Sunderland (VCAS)
- Voluntary Organisations Network North East (VONNE)
- Community Foundation Tyne & Wear and Northumberland
- Funding Central
For more information or advice on external funding, including local organisations that are developing projects or applying for funds, please email us at: email@example.com.