Toggle menu

Noise from licensed premises

If you are experiencing problems from a licensed premises, in the first instance we advise that you try and inform the company causing the issue directly to see if a resolution can be found informally.  Often they are grateful for contact from individuals/residents associations in order to give them an opportunity to address the issues and allow you to reach a compromise between them running their business and your enjoyment of your property. 

Under the Licensing Act 2003  any local resident or business owner can request the review of a premises licence if it is felt that any of the licensing objectives are not being upheld in relation to the premises. As a result of any review that may take place, additional conditions, changes in licensable activities or a restriction in a premises operating hours may be imposed.  

If you are experiencing crime and disorder from a licensed premise, please contact Northumbria Police.

Contact our City and neighbourhood team for further information or to report the noise nuisance.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email