Uplift Associates - Basic DIY in the Home
Who is this course for?
Those who want to learn more about basic DIY and tasks around the home. Ideal for anyone who is moving into their first home, anyone living alone or anyone who needs support to become more independent.
What will I learn on the course?
You will work on a range of activities, and focus on:
- Taking meter readings correctly
- Learning how to bleed a radiator
- Changing a plug/fuse
- Organisation of hazardous materials in the home
- Handy tools to have around the home for basic DIY
- Using a drill
- Understand what is in a basic toolbox and what to use certain tools for.
How will I learn?
Your tutor will offer a range of activities, such as direct teaching, discussion and activities to develop your skills and knowledge as well as build your confidence. You will also get the opportunity to take part in practical activities to demonstrate your understanding and encourage group participation.
What next, after the course?
You will feel more confidence, independent and resourceful and you may wish to access further training.
How can I enrol?
Contact the Uplift Team for an informal discussion:
Phone: 0191 500 1233