Cultural Creatives CIC Environmental Textiles - Beginners
Who is this course for?
Adults who are interested in textiles, sewing and environmental issues.
What will I learn on the course?
We will be giving much consideration to the environment, sustainability and identifying examples of good practice among textiles manufacturers. We will also include repair, how you can extend the life of your clothes and household linens and explore patchwork and quilting, learning how to use your small pieces of fabric to make beautiful items.
How will I learn?
Your tutor will support you to learn basic skills across a range of textile techniques both by hand and machine by providing you with the provide you with the materials and skills to:
- Make a patchwork square and a 3D sewn patchwork bag with fastenings
- Sew applique to fabric using Bondaweb
- Create a reverse applique design on an item of clothing
- Hand/machine sew using a variety of stitches
- Create an envelope cushion
- Create a small clippy product
- Tie dye fabric with multiple colour and design
- Hand sew a repair to an item of clothing or household linen
- Create a traditional patchwork block and decorate with applique
What next, after the course?
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to move onto Environmental Textiles Next Steps and more in-depth courses and subject specialisms.
How can I enrol?
Contact Joy Dagless
Phone: 07941 009 347