Penshaw View Training - Become Your Best You - CVs!
Who is this course for?
This course is for participants who may be looking to enhance their employability skills, be facing multiple barriers in being able to prepare for, training, employment or self-employment. It is particularly beneficial for the unemployed, over 50, living with health conditions, from an ethnic minority or haven't worked for some time.
What will I learn on the course?
- The core information a curriculum vitae (CV) needs and why they are important when applying for a job
- What personal information needs to be included on a curriculum vitae (CV)
- How general data protection regulations (GDPR) affects your CV and how to protect your information when applying for jobs
- Equality, diversity and inclusion - how information on CVs can discriminate against you and how to avoid including this on your CV
- Individual discussion between tutor and participant to discuss suitability of CV for chosen progression (is the CV fit for purpose).
How will I learn?
Taking part in face-to-face workshops, using session resources to develop suitable content for a CV. Using IT skills to research sector roles and identify relevant skills and attributes for specific jobs. There will not be any tests during the course as the tutor will assess how well you are doing by observing, seeing you participate in group tasks and chat about what knowledge you are gaining.
What next, after the course?
You could move on to gain a certificate with us or
in your chosen job sector after having met local employers to look at employment opportunities.
How can I enrol?
Call or email Loren Charlton on:
Tel: 0330 223 6144 / 07494738082