General information about Warm Homes Fund
- Sunderland City Council's Warm Homes Fund programme is available to eligible local residents on a first-come-first-served basis between January 2023 and January 2024 subject ongoing availability of funding.
- Qualifying applicants processed after the 135 limit has been reached will be placed on a waiting list for future reference and will be contacted should additional funding become available.
- The agreement to install heat pumps and insulation measures in your home is made between you (the qualifying owner-occupier or the private landlord of the qualifying tenant) and 0800 Repair, and not with Sunderland City Council.
- If the applicant's property is located in a Conservation Area planning guidance may be required prior to Air Source Heat Pump installation.
Sunderland City Council's Warm Homes Fund programme is part funded through National Grid's £150m Warm Homes Fund, administered by Community Interest Company Affordable Warmth Solutions, and only available through Local Authorities. The programme is also part-funded by ECO4 provided via EON, Utilita and 0800 Repair. ECO4 Flex declarations for Warm Homes Fund are provided by Sunderland City Council.
Special Terms and Conditions for Private Landlords
- The tenant of the private landlord qualifies for a WHF grant (not the Landlord) and must provide evidence of the required £31,000 or less gross household income.
- If the tenant's gross household income and the EPC on the property qualifies for a WHF grant, then it is the private landlord who agrees and permits the installation. Accordingly, the private landlord must provide evidence of property ownership and submit a letter granting permission to install.
- Following the installation of a heat pump in a private rented property the landlord should not increase the rent on the property to the resident tenant for at least one year after the date of installation.
- Where a heat pump is recommended by 0800 Repair, dependent on specific characteristics of the property, private landlord applications are subject to two different funding outcomes:
- If 0800 Repair qualify the property as eligible under ECO4 funding regulations, then all measures are installed free of charge to the tenant and the private landlord.
- If 0800 Repair qualify the property under Warm Homes Fund/ Boiler Upgrade Scheme funding regulations, then a maximum landlord Air Source Heat Pump contribution of £1000 is payable (approx. 10% of total value). 0800 Repair will request this private landlord payment in advance of the agreed installation.