Five key benefits of air source heat pumps
There are numerous benefits to using heat pumps, but here are the most important advantages of a heat pump:
- Money Saving: Switching to air source heat pumps can reduce your annual electricity bill by up to £1100* (in a 3-bedoom semi-detached house);
- Easy Installation: Typically heat pumps can be installed, commissioned and working in as little as two days;
- Low Maintenance: Air source heat pumps require little maintenance but should have an annual service by an MCS qualified heat pump engineer;
- Long Lifespan: Air source heat pumps have a long lifespan, with good maintenance, they can operate efficiently for 20 to 25 years. Warm Homes Fund heat pumps come with manufacturer warranty and 0800 Repair provide an installation warranty;
- Low Carbon Footprint: Heat pumps are a low carbon heating option because they are highly efficient when used in a well insulated home Only one unit of electricity is used to produce three or four units of heat, compared to electric storage heaters that use one unit of electricity to produce one unit of heat.
* estimated savings from Energy Saving Trust (A guide to air source heat pumps - Energy Saving Trust)