Toggle menu

Reporting work related accidents or incidents

The law requires certain work-related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

What needs to be reported:

  • Death or major injuries to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises
  • Death or hospitalisation of a member of the public
  • Disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
  • Dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done

How to report incidents and injuries

You can make a report by completing the on-line form at the HSE's website. The form will then be submitted directly to the RIDDOR.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email