Collections of large or bulky items of household waste
Collections can be arranged for bulky items such as discarded furniture
We will collect bulky waste from your address. There is a £17.50 charge for this service and you will be provided a designated day for collection upon completion of the online form. Please note a number of restrictions apply:
- No more than eight items will be collected during each visit. For example, a three-piece suite counts as three items; a dining table and four chairs counts as five items
- The eight item limit includes no more than four bags or boxes containing loose materials such as soil, turf, bricks, rubble or tiles. One person must be able to easily transfer each bag or box to a sack barrow. Please note if you have asbestos or other potentially hazardous material to dispose of then please contact us for further advice.
- The collection team will only remove the items stated on your request. We want to make sure that we only take what you want us to.
On the Day of Collection:
- Please present your items from 7.30am on the day of collection, your items will be collected between 7.30am and 5pm
- Please note we might collect your white goods or electrical equipment separately from non-recyclable items.
- Please help us by placing the items for collection on your property as close as possible to where the collection vehicle will park to collect them. You must make sure that our collection team can access your property to remove the waste items.
Before you arrange a collection have you thought about taking your unwanted goods, that are in good condition, to a local charity shop to be reused?
If you have your own transport, you can take many items to one of the Household Waste Reception and Recycling Centres to be disposed of free of charge.
You may be asked to sign a declaration to say that the waste is from a domestic not business property. This will be particularly relevant if the vehicle you take the items in could be mistaken for a business vehicle.