If you and all the people you live with are full time students you may not have to pay Council Tax. Your household may still have to pay some Council Tax if you live with people who are not in full time education. How much will depend on their circumstances.

Your college or university can provide you a letter that shows that you do not need to pay Council Tax. You will need to send this letter to us with a completed form. You can download the appropriate form from the 'Downloads' area below.

University of Sunderland students can get their letter from the Student Gateway.