Primary and nursery school meals
We have specially designed separate school meals menus for nursery school children and primary school pupils. The menus are devised to provide children with the energy and nutrition they require across the whole school day.
Children can choose from a variety of freshly cooked meals that change on a daily basis over the three-week menu cycle. They can also choose a dessert and a drink.
The menus provide a range of wholesome, healthy and tasty main meals such as; a roast dinner, steak casserole or curry and pulled pork in a tortilla wrap. We also serve delicious desserts, including sticky chocolate sponge, fruit crumble and toffee apple pudding.
Our Filling Station option also allows children to choose from a selection of lighter bites, such as filled jacket potatoes, homemade soup and sandwich, paninis, pizza and pasta with sauces.
All our menus meet national school food standards.
We have also achieved the Bronze Food for Life Catering Mark* for our primary schools. This is a national award that sets out a series of quality standards that organisations must meet, including:
- Ensuring food on the menu does not contain any undesirable additives or trans fats or genetically modified ingredients
- Ensuring at least 75% of dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients
- Only using meat that is farm assured (Red Tractor food assurance scheme, which means all meat has met responsible production standards around safety, hygiene, animal welfare and the environment, and is fully traceable to independently inspected farms in the UK)
- Only using free range eggs
- Providing menus that are seasonal and which highlight in-season produce
- Only serving fish that is not on the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) Fish to Avoid list; achieving the award means parents and children can be sure the food on offer in their school is not only healthy and tasty but seasonal and sustainably sourced.
*The Food for Life Catering Mark is awarded by the Soil Association. The Soil Association programme aims at transforming food culture making healthy, tasty and sustainable meals the norm, reconnecting people with where their food comes from, teaching them how it's grown and cooked, and championing the importance of well-sourced ingredients.