Bunny Hill Centre
Bunny Hill Customer Service Centre was opened to the public in June 2006 with an aim to allow residents to be able to access council and partner agency services where, how and when they needed them.
The centre is one of the largest multi purpose centres to be built as part of Sunderland City Council's 'One Stop Shop' concept. The Bunny Hill Centre was officially opened, by Princess Royal, Her Royal Highness Princess Anne and guests.
Customer Service Centre
Bunny Hill Customer Service Centre is the first point of call for general enquiries. Customer Service Advisors can give information and advice covering a wide range of Council services.
Ask Recruitment, Housing and Council Tax Benefit Information, Council Tax Enquiries, Homelessness, Environmental Services - Recycling and Refuge Collection Advice and Guidance, General Enquiries, Wearside Credit Union, Apply for a Blue Badge.
Further information and opening times can be found from Customer Services.
Bunny Hill Children's Centre is open 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Facilities include a varied programme of play and learning activities. Qualified staff are on hand to offer health advice, family support, volunteering opportunities and community involvement. Facilities include a varied programme of play and learning activities: toy library, sensory room, messy play and play therapy. For more information contact Gillian Patterson on 561 8126 or email email@example.com
The Children's Centre includes the Buttercup Nursery, managed by Sunderland North Community Business Centre. It provides a service for 26 children offering full day care and an 11 place creche nursery, which also includes a safe outdoor play area. For more information on the nursery contact Joanne Brown, Nursery Manager on 561 8176.
Community Cafe - Meet and Eat
The cafe, run by Sunderland North Community Business Centre, is open to the whole community between 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. The cafe offers a selection of hot and cold sandwiches, jacket potatoes and soup plus a selection of daily specials. Hot and cold drinks are also available.
Meet and Eat can also provide an outside catering service, prices start from £3.00 per head. To book a buffet or discuss any special requirements contact Nicola Braid on 537 3231. See 'Downloads' for the full menu and buffet selections.
A full range of activities and courses is on offer at Bunny Hill Centre, Hetton Centre and Sandhill Centre are available.
Family, adult and community learning have four rooms available for hire, these are:
- Community Learning Room seats up to 32 delegates theatre style
- Community Learning Workshop is a multi-purpose room which has a main seated area with height-adjustable tables and chairs (for 6 people), together with further seating space at workbenches around the side of the room. It has a sink and lino-style floor, making it suitable for a range of arts and craft activities
- Community ICT Suite has 12 PC's for learners and one PC for tutor use
- Teaching and Learning Resource Room has a library stocked with resources to help deliver Skills for Life learning. There are 4 comfy chairs suitable for one-to-one discussions and 3 PCs available for use by tutors
Community Rooms for Hire
The Community Suite is run by Sunderland North Community Business Centre, which provides a Community Hall and two meeting rooms which are available for hire and for community activities. The Community Hall costs £50 per half day to hire.
Further information is available by contacting Nicola Braid on 537 3231.
As well as brand new fiction and non-fiction books, Bunny Hill offers everything a person would expect from a modern library including free internet access, CDs, DVDs, study support groups, children's story time sessions and more.
For further information and opening times call (0191) 561 8103.
The aim of the Wellness Service within the city is to improve individual's health and well-being through the provision of physical activity opportunities, lifestyle advice and education within Wellness Centres and in the community. The key principles of the Wellness Service are to shift the balance from treatment services to preventive measures and providing Wellness opportunities as an alternative or support for treatment. As a result of a fully engaged scenario with a range of key partners the service is reaching and impacting on the individuals that are most in need and subsequently contributing to reducing the inequalities that are so prevalent within Sunderland.
The Bunny Hill wellness centre has the latest Technogym equipment, including;
- 9 BIO strength weight machines
- 14 weight stations
- 28 cardio machines
- Plus various classes including pilates, body pump, circuits and more
Further information on the wellness programme and classes currently on offer at Bunny Hill are available from the Bunny Hill Wellness Centre.
NHS Primary Care Centre
Operated by the Sunderland Teaching Primary Care Trust, the NHS Primary Care centre at Bunny Hill provides a range of health services in Sunderland, including;
- GP Practice - Dr Datta's GP practice provides a full range of family health services including the exercise on prescription programme. Surgery Opening hours are 8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Wednesday, 8:am - 5:00pm Thursday and 08:00am - 6:00pm on Fridays. Telephone number 0844 477 3998.
- Pharmacy - provides services for dispensing of prescriptions, head lice scheme, smoking cessation clinics, supervised methadone, EHC, sales of goods i.e. medicines, healthcare, baby goods etc. Pharmacy Opening hours are 9:00am - 1:00pm & 2:00pm - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday and 9:00am - 1:00pm on Saturdays. Telephone number (0191) 536 3835.
- Planned Care - offer a range of services including minor surgery, dermatology, smoking cessation, podiatry. Surgery Opening hours are 8:00am - 8:15pm, 7 days per week. Telephone number (0191) 519 5850.
- Minor Injuries and Illness Unit - provide an urgent service for adults and youngsters over two years old who are suffering from minor ailments and injuries. Surgery Opening hours are 8:00am - 8:15pm, 7 days per week. Telephone number (0191) 519 5803.