Silksworth Community Pool, Tennis and Wellness Centre
With indoor and outdoor tennis courts open all year round, and floodlights keeping the action going until 10pm during the week, there's no excuse not to get on court.
With 'social tennis' it doesn't have to be competitive, and for the over 50s who want to stay active on court, there are groups for you to join.
People of all ages and abilities can find courses to perfect their game.
Off court, there is a new 25m pool, fitness sessions to keep you in shape at one of the cities Wellness facilities. There are also fitness courses for kids, as well as soft play, and facilities for children's birthday parties.
The centre can offer meeting and conference rooms which can accommodate events from 5 to 50 people.
Silksworth Community Pool, Tennis and Wellness Centre is easily accessible by car, located off the A690, south of Sunderland City Centre with ample free parking. A local bus service also operates regularly from nearby areas.
- Four lane swimming pool with a consistent depth of 1.2m
- Learn to swim programme
- Spectator area
- Multi-purpose meeting room
- Baby changing facilities and facilities for people who need help with changing
- A range of indoor and outdoor tennis opportunities
- Tennis Academy (4 years plus)
- 50-plus tennis
- Social tennis
- Junior Club Night
- Wellness exercise classes
- Fit for fun (young persons exercise classes)
- Children's parties
- Room hire available
- Sunderland Tennis Centre Wellness Centre
- New Indoor Soft Play Area
- New Indoor Sensory Room
- Adventure Play Park