Heritage Open Days 2017 in Tyne & Wear
Quaker Meeting House
As part of Heritage Open Days in Tyne & Wear 2017, from Thursday 7 to Sunday 10 September, you can visit and take part in over 200 buildings and activities - all for free.
It is one of the biggest and best regionally organised HODs events in England.
Heritage Open Days is the nation's biggest free celebration of architecture, history and culture and has taken place annually in the UK since September 1994.
Throughout the country, a diverse range of buildings and activities are taking part over the weekend - there are 46 entries for Sunderland and here are a few that are well worth a visit:
- Bishopwearmouth Townscape Heritage Walkabout
- Tom Taylor with a 'Punch' - rarely seen editions of Punch magazine
- Guru Gobind Sing Gurdwara Sikh Temple
- Eagle Building
- Hetton & Rainton Heritage Walk
- Quaker Meeting House
- Sunderland's Urban Geology
- Church of the Good Shepherd
- Wor Poppy Walk
- North East Electrical Traction Trust
A Tyne & Wear Heritage Open Days 2017 guide giving details of all the participating buildings, tours and talks will be available at all local libraries and museums from the beginning of August. In addition, more information will be online on the website at www.heritageopendays.org.uk