Derwent Hill outdoor activity centre
Derwent Hill is an outdoor activity centre in the Lake District close to the town of Keswick and is operated by Sunderland City Council.
It was one of the first local authority outdoor education centres in England and has been in operation since 1962. The centre has grown since then and we now provide a wide range of services, but their core purpose is still the same: to provide high quality residential outdoor education for the children and young people of Sunderland, which includes some of the most deprived areas in the country.
They operate year round and offer;
- Residential outdoor education for schools, colleges and youth groups
- Indoor training facilities
- Group accommodation and activities
- Team building
- Conference and meeting facilities for any organisation with onsite ICT
- Weekend breaks and family activity holidays
- A small campsite for exclusive group bookings
- An Educational Visits Advisory Service
For more information please contact centre staff below.
Follow us on social media