Renew your library loans
You can extend the loan period of your library books and other items in various ways.
- In person - just call into the library and asking any member of the library staff
- Online - you will need your library card number and PIN (Personal Identification Number) to log in. If you do not have your PIN you will need to visit your local library to receive your PIN. Click to visit the Find a library book or request to renew your current loan - once you have accessed the library catalogue please follow the below instructions to renew your loan(s).
- Click on the My Account link
- Select the Renew My Materials link
- Enter your library card number in the top box and your PIN in the bottom box, click the List
- Charged Items button and this will then take you to the renewals screen
- Select the items you wish to renew and click the Renew Selected Items button
- Telephone - contact your local library or telephone 0191 561 1235
- email - email@example.com and include your library card number in the message
If an item has been reserved by another customer the loan period cannot be extended and it must be returned to the library.