Small lotteries and raffles need to be registered with the council.

The Gambling Act 2005 requires an organisation or individual who is raising money for charitable purposes or other good causes through the sale of tickets which are to be entered into a prize draw (so called 'raffle' tickets) to hold a Lottery Registration.

The society on whose behalf the lottery is promoted must be registered with the council if their Head Office is within administrative area of Sunderland City Council. Please use the contact details to get in touch with us.

Lotteries cannot be registered for private gain.

pdf icon Application to Replace a Private Hire Vehicle [42kb]
Use this form to register Small Society Lotteries.

pdf icon Small Societies - Lotteries return [22kb]
Use this form to supply the required information about a Lottery which has taken place.